(or if they did, i sure as hell didn’t listen)
- coffee really is better with half & half than with skim milk.
- experiment with your ice cream! throw stuff in it! pretzels and peanut butter are tried and true adventures.
- that being said: having ice cream for breakfast once in a blue moon, because you and your girlfriend want it, is not the end of the world. in fact, it’s really fun. especially when you eat it straight from the carton, while in bed.
- laughing until your stomach hurts, playing on the jungle gym even though you’re 26 years old, tickle wars, and tackle hugs are the best calorie-burners.
- no matter what you think or how you feel about your body, i guarantee your partner/lover/soul mate thinks you’re beautiful. even if you just went out to dinner or ate a scary food or didn’t go to the gym today and would swear that you got spontaneously obese. trust me–through the eyes of love (and honestly, in reality/outside of your distortions) you haven’t changed a bit, and you’re just as beautiful as you were before your freak-out began.
- and long those same line: your scars aren’t as hideous as you think they are.
- all of those foods you’ve convinced yourself you hate? try them again. with an open mind and a light heart. i’d bet my non-existent bank account that you’ll actually enjoy a lot of it.
- find something that makes you feel beautiful, and do it every day. even if it makes you look like a tool (aka, dancing around the house blasting sheryl crow and singing/dancing along).
- it’s okay to not eat everything on your plate, if you’re honestly not hungry any more. that’s what tupperware and refrigerators are for.
- sometimes you have to just stop the fighting and the waiting and the impatience and just…trust and let go.