in honor of my visit home (which i am loving), this week’s fun facts have some distinct new york flavor!
- our favorite way to have pizza is to make it on the grill. sounds weird, but you end up with the best crust imaginable. if we’re in a hurry though and get pizza to bring home, we ask them to pull it out of the oven a little early, and then throw it in our oven to finish cooking once we get home. keeps the crust from getting soggy.
- my hometown is the chain restaurant mecca of the world. not even close to exaggerating.
- nothing beats the smell of an italian bakery. i just walk into ours and…inhale. it’s heaven.
- i can FINALLY watch the yankees anywhere i go!
- this has nothing to do with new york, but it’s a way-too-fun fact to not share: the two toenails i roughed up at the derby half marathon in april both fell off yesterday. now i have little virginal nail stubs in their place. it was cool.