- the weather was awesome for NY in november.
- i spent tons of time with my grandma. it was the greatest.
- i ran my first post-op race! it was a turkey trot, on thanksgiving morning. i finished 87th overall out of about a thousand runners, and i was the 9th female. but the best part was my time – i PRed by over a minute and clocked 22:07. i would have broken 22 minutes had the first 400 yards not been the equivalent to human Frogger! my first mile was 7:17; Miles 2 and 3 were around 7:00-7:02; and in a last-ditch effort to break 22:00, my final tenth of a mile split was 6:20 lol. last leg kick!
- i ate the most glorious apple-cranberry pie on thanksgiving. and candied yams. and the weight of a toddler in stuffing. i love thanksgiving!
- not having a gym meant that (a) i got creative with some boot camp-style HIIT workouts, and (b) i just didn’t work out a lot. i’m okay with both.
- i’ve been back in lexington since saturday, and working through this paper that is due wednesday. at 37 pages it’s now finally just about finished. thank goodness. yeesh.
- i have a million things to write and say about life and running and grief and family…but i’m tired and chilly and have to get up at 4:40 tomorrow morning so i’ll save it for later.