- i need to put gas in my car. i’m almost not sure i’ll make it to the gas station haha. whomp.
- early bird registration for the derby half marathon ends tomorrow. which means i need to put on my big girl pants and register.
- i also just found out about a 10-miler being held near me in march. it’s super-cheap (only $35) until february 8th, so i’m really tempted to register and run it as a tune-up for the derb. i’ve never run a competitive 10-miler before – i think it would be a fun distance!
- tempo run this morning. died. one mile warm-up, three miles tempo (goal pace of 7:33), one mile cool-down. which became…one mile warm-up (9:30ish), two miles tempo (7:40 and 7:32), quarter-mile walk to prevent collapse and certain death, third mile tempo (7:30), three-quarters of a mile high-incline walking because i just didn’t feel like running any more haha. i hate tempo runs. and i also hate that i can’t run them like i could pre-op. more on this later.
- i also did four pull-ups in one set and didn’t fall or embarrass myself. and i officially only like parallel-grip pull-ups. but i suppose i’ll keep doing other grips just because.
- ditching my chucks, while devastating, seems to be helping with my tendonitis already. it was only slightly noticeable while i was hauling my ass through training this morning. although when i foam rolled, i’m pretty sure i yelled and cussed out loud.
- my left hip flexor is still being turd-like. supposed to squat tomorrow. hmph.
- i forgot and extra sports bra today so i taught my yoga class in my racerback instructor tank top and a regular bra. classy. at least it was nude-colored and not bright pink or some shit.
- did this have a point? i don’t think so.