it’s friday and my brain is fried. but it’s finally beginning to feel like spring!! here’s a happy week-in-review:
- i didn’t feel well on saturday so i took my long run on sunday. i was really missing my mom and was worried my run would be a disaster. but on the contrary, it was perfection. the entire 13 miles felt effortless – i kept the pace easy (8:30 average), stayed around the house/used the trails, so i was mostly by myself and didn’t have any traffic lights to worry about like i do when i’m downtown. and it was just…exactly what i needed.
- because i shifted my long to sunday, which is normally a rest day, i then proceeded to my four consecutive M-Th runs. it’s a deload week for me so they were all 4- and 5-milers, easy pace. but the fact that i ran 30 miles in five days was a bit much.
- i PRed my front squat today – 1RM, 105#. i had never actually attempted to max it before, so it was fun to see where i stand. since i can front squat 105, i feel like i should definitely see a 135# back squat in the semi-near future.
- got my taxes done yesterday. thanks to direct deposit, i’ll be $2,300 richer in approximately 10 business days.
- i finally did 5 consecutive pull-ups. parallel grip. conventional is way harder for me, but it’ll come.
- i handed in one of my four final projects on tuesday – three weeks early. so glad to get it off my plate!
- we have 3 weeks of classes left. which means:
- i give 2 more quizzes in my AS class
- i give 1 more mini-quiz and 2 more exams in my WT class
- there are only 3 more tuesdays left where i have to get up at 4:45am and not get home until 8:30pm
- i am fifteen class days away from having survived my first year of doctoral coursework
i have three posts in draft form right now, half-written because they sound way better in my head than down in words. maybe this weekend i’ll make one of them coherent.
oh, and my roommate told me i have “dinosaur feet.” not gonna lie…he’s pretty accurate.