i’ll be 29 in less than a week. i’m rather anxious to vacate my 20s, since for the most part they were awful…but alas, i have one year left. so in the last moments of my 28s, i have:
- run an outdoor tempo run (last thursday). it was insanely hard, not because of the pace, but because i simply cannot gauge my legs accurately. i’m way too used to doing treadmill tempo runs. forcing myself outdoors will be good for me!
- discovered (okay, not really – my old roomie told me about it) a seafood market in town that serves the most amazing whitefish sandwiches. i may have had two of them on friday. and then fallen asleep at about 7pm.
- gotten my eyeballs checked so that i could successfully renew my license. eyes freak me out, so having somebody poke around and put nine million drops in mine is exceedingly terrible for me.
- successfully completed a set of ten 21″ box jumps. like, didn’t bite it even once.
- made and devoured roasted chickpeas. delicious.
- tried unsuccessfully to accomplish double-unders. or even a single double-under. i also am terrible at jumping rope to begin with, so i’m not sure what kind of magic i was expecting.
this is a decidedly uninteresting post. i have the promise of the internet man coming on friday, but i also picked up some extra classes at the gym that afternoon so unless they can guarantee me he’ll be out of my place by 3:30…well, i’ll continue to be web-less.
i’m quite enjoying living alone. i have nobody’s drama to deal with but my own, i can walk around topless, and i cook every day. which is an adventure, but it’s fun nonetheless.
i also have a strong urge to buy a guitar. and learn how to play.
maybe i’ll do that before i turn 30.