spring break has finally arrived!! and with it will come posts and updates…just not tonight.
i have a very special post in the works right now, and i’m excited to share it with you all as it’s off my usual topical trend…but it’s not quite finished yet so you’ll have to sit in suspense!
but to tide you over, here are some highlights of life since i disappeared:
- TEXAS WAS AWESOME. my paper was very well-received. i met amazing people. i ate my weight in fajitas. and i drank some killer margaritas. (hey that rhymed!)
- we’re on spring break – did i mention that?! because we are. and it’s awesome.
- i’m <4 weeks out from my meet. recent training in a nutshell:
- squat 200# for a triple
- squat 215# for three clean singles, belt no wraps
- did my circuit max squat and got 315# with wraps and reverse bands!!
- benched 125# for a triple
- pulled 275# for a (very ugly) triple
- feeling good about my numbers and my prep!
- school is eating my soul. it’s my last semester of coursework and i am just riding the struggle bus right on into struggletown.
- i’m visiting my dad and his new house next month!
- i filed my taxes today and for the first time in my adult life i’m going to spend my tax return money. my computer is old and decrepit and breaks down more and more frequently, so i’m finally biting the bullet and getting a new one. so i’m not exactly blowing my tax return on something frivolous, but…my inner frugal queen is screaming.
there ya have it. bear with me as i get my feet back under me in the glorious span of 9 school-less days. i have three papers to write (finished one today) and then i’ll feel much more in control of my life!